Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Just plain sick!

I am just plain sick of being in this bed. I am sick of watching life rather than being an active participant. Sure being waited on and watching all the tv shows I want while in a legal drug induced haze was fun for a moment I am now just plain sick of it!

I really wish I could go back and undo this surgery. I think really how much pain day to day was I in? It is stupid and counterproductive to think like that. What is done is done and I need to move forward. I am just stuck and feel like there is not enough Xanax in that little bottle to keep me sane while I heal the next 3 to 12 months!! This is what the urologist said! I see the neurosurgeon in 1.5 weeks. I didn't sign up for this and neither did my family and friends. I was told 6 weeks good as new. Leave it to my body to have a complication that is like less than 4% of ALL back surgeries!

I can't even begin to imagine what my husband has gone through. From the initial 6.5 hour surgery ( we were told it would be 3 hours) when no one even came and updated him to the scary night back in the hospital ER with me screaming for hours in pain while I was poked and prodded in a sad attempt to find a decent vein. This on the day he said his final goodbye to his grandma. He has been a wonderful nurse and has had to go so far above the call of duty as a husband I couldn't imagine being as strong and calm as he has been. Even now when I make him feel guilty for going back to work when we clearly need the money he remains strong and even tempered with me. I love him more than ever and am glad he is by my side to keep me from going insane.

Everyday I wake hoping to be better. I think I am slightly better my back does seem to be hurting less but it is the other complications I have had that are dragging me down. I am enjoying seeing my friends more often and look forward to their yummy food as do my children :) but I want to be done. I am not a patient person and I just want to get up, go to my kids school events ride a bike with them, just get back to being me.

Goal for tomorrow: make my own lunch :) I will take baby steps and hopefully look back on all of this time and think ok that wasn't so bad , yeah right :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry this has been so difficult for you! I'm glad Mike is taking such good care of you, he's a pretty good guy ;-)I'll keep coming to visit you until you can get your butt out of the house and meet me at the park!! That day will come, hopefully sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete